TUITION & APPLICATION INFORMATION
The deadline for all application materials should be postmarked by May 1, 2013. All applicants must follow the applications and audition procedures outlined below. An incomplete application or lack of payment of application fees will stop the application process. Once decisions regarding admission are made, students are notified no later than June 1.
your application online
Dates and Tuition:
August 4 - 18, 2013
Concerto Competition participation fee: $50
- All lessons, coaching and concerts.
- Housing at Skidmore College.
- All meals
- Supervisions of all students under the age of 18.
- This fee does not include instrument rental.
- For aspiring young professionals as well as
intermediate and advanced students pursuing serious study of the
concert grand harp.
- Current resume
- Letter of recommendation or online teacher recommendation*
- A recording of your solo playing that most recently represents your
playing ability. It should be a high-quality CD recording, clearly
marked with your name.
- $55 application fee made payable to "Saratoga Harp Colony"
Important - Please note the following information:
- Transportation to and from Saratoga Springs is the responsibility of the student.
- Students are asked to bring their own instrument, otherwise please indicate on the application if you wish to rent a harp.
- Please be aware that rental harps must be
reserved well in advance of the SHC. The number of harps available is
limited and priority for rental harps will be given to those traveling
- The harp rental fee for the 2013 Season will be $250 including instrument insurance. Rental harp fees should be made payable to "Saratoga Harp Colony."
- Upon acceptance, an official letter of invitation will be sent to the student. In order to reserve his/her place in the SHC, a student must return the following within seven days of the acceptance-letter date:
- 50% of the tuition fee
- The remaining 50% is due by July 1, 2013
- Please make checks payable to "Saratoga Harp Colony" or pay online
- Studio acceptance may be forfeited if appropriate forms and fees have not been returned by the end of the seventh-day period.
- The SHC reserves the right to expel any student for violations of SHC policy, city ordinances, or state law without refunding any fees paid.
How to apply:
*Please invite your teacher to visit this website and submit the Teacher
Recommendation Form. (If the teacher prefers, they
may instead send a written recommendation to the address below.) Your application will be complete once we receive your Teacher Recommendation. Make checks payable to "Saratoga Harp Colony."
Send materials to:
Saratoga Harp Colony
c/o Elizabeth Hainen
999 N. 6th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123
*The application fee will be returned if a student is not accepted into the SHC program.
** Past participants may waive the Teacher Recommendation and recording.
*** Recommendations may be submitted directly to our website.